Director Lynne Fernie tells us why the historic film has been unavailable until now.
Anonymous asked: Can you recommend any style items for a tomboyish girl?
1. Skinny-straight cute jeans in a dark, subtle wash. FUCK BOOTCUT. Don’t even go near them. Light can look mall rat super easily so if you’re not sure, go dark. No patches, bedazzling, or excessive adornment on jeans. Too guido.
2. Clean but very soft t shirts that are form fitting (not baggy) but not skin tight with a subtle-deep v-neck. Build up from white and black into sky blue, rust red, forest green, royal purple, dove grey, etc.
3. A long, cool necklace/pendant: if in doubt go for a long, fine, delicate chain with a bullet on the end. Always a winner.
4. Beanies: go for some classy beanies, which means dont just grab a pack of black ones. Think a little slouchy but NOT dangling. Neutral tones or tones similar to ones from t shirts in #2.
5. Chuck Taylors/Vans that are slightly distinct but not too adorned.
6. A leather jacket. This is an investment piece, but a classic black or brown leather bomber jacket is something to have. Save up and get one that actually fits you though- not too big. That’s a little childish.
7. 1 or 2 silver rings of high quality that you can just keep on.
8. A nice leather wallet- doesn’t have to be designer, just mature.
9. Even if you’re a tomboy, you’d still probably look better with a little makeup. Some basics that will perk your face up without screaming MAKEUP: seperating mascana, tinted lip balm, concealer,semi-nude cream eyeshadow, and fine tipped eyeliner/eyebrow pencil.
10. Cool studded earrings made out of a legit metal.
I get this question once a week so here’s 10 tips for tomboyish girls.
Faye Marsay tells us about playing a lesbian activist in the award-winning film.
Because I’m dope and do dope shit, we just hit 40k followers.
I curate the shit outta life and you have impeccable taste.
After a lifetime in the deep South and three years immersed in sunny Los Angeles’s plastic—but usually quite pleasant—population, I decided to face my fears, With a little help from 2 of the hottest queer models: Cristi (aka thelunartype) and Ari Fitz ( itsarifitz ).
Cristi, a rare model with no ego and lots of brains, gave me modeling pointers (which did not take), took me thrift shopping, and traded stories of the hot yet deeply irritating people we date.
Ari Fitz, the model/director/writer you probably recognize from last season of The Real World, annoyed me with her lack of punctuality and then promptly charmed my attitude away by laughing at herself and telling salacious stories.
Miley Cyrus’s brother fronts a band whose new track is about dating a woman who is more interested in women:
I like you girl but you don’t seem excited
Since she walked in where has your mind been
talking to me but thinking about her
your secret is safe, I won’t say a word.
Let’s slow it down, I was moving too quick.
You don’t say you love me
You just bite your lip
I can read the signals from a mile away
I know she is on your mind and that’s OK
PBS’s “The Roosevelts” won’t talk about Eleanor’s close relationship with Lorena Hickok.
Curator Katherine Ott gives a behind-the-scenes look at artifacts from America’s gay history.